Suicide Assessment Treatment & Management CEU
4.5 out of 5.0, Based on: 34 reviews
One of the most challenging — and prevalent — issues clinicians can face is a client’s suicidal crisis. Although many clients experience major depressive episodes, training on how to manage suicidality is often not a component of training curriculums. Working with a client in suicidal crisis can be difficult, and evoke strong feelings in the therapist. This course will provide guidelines on suicide assessment, treatment and management.
This course meets the requirements for Washington clinicians for a Suicide Assessment Treatment & Management course.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF Or Word) And the test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
To educate CCM® board certified case managers about
Suicide Assessment Treatment & Management
At the close of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Discuss prevalence of suicide
- Describe protective factors
- Discuss issues related to at-risk/vulnerable populations
- Outline ethical and legal considerations in dealing with suicidal clients
- Theories of Suicidal Behavior
- Research in Suicidology
- Key Research Findings/Risk Factors
- Suicide and Mental Health Issues
- At-Risk or Vulnerable Groups
- Assessing Suicidal Risk
- Managing Suicidal Clients
- Ethical and Legal Issues