Sleep Disorders Part 1: Children and Adolescents CEU
4.7 out of 5.0, Based on: 26 reviews
The current research and developments in sleep medicine highlight a need for therapists to be educated and updated on the importance of screening for childhood/adolescent sleep disorders – to support early intervention and to avoid poor health outcomes. The purpose of this course is to provide therapists with knowledge about sleep disorders, health outcomes and treatments for children and adolescents.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF Or Word) And the test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
To educate CCM® board certified case managers about
Sleep Disorders Part 1: Children and Adolescents
At the close of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between REM and NREM sleep.
- Explain the recommended length of nightly sleep for children.
- Define parasomnia.
- Identify strategies for behavior modification to resolve sleep disorders.
- Circadian Rhythm and Sleep Hormones
- Types of Sleep Disorders
- Symptoms of Sleep Deprivation
- Impact on Families