Adolescents and Addiction CEU
4.7 out of 5.0, Based on: 155 reviews
By the 12th grade, around half of all high school students have used an illicit drug at least once in their lifetimes. Many other substances, such as aerosol sprays and glues, are even easier for adolescents to obtain and use. Therapists need to be aware of the warning signs of an adolescent substance use disorder and the relationship between mental disorders and addiction in order to properly diagnose and treat these young individuals. The purpose of this course is to provide clinicians with knowledge of the issues related to the risks associated with substance use and addiction in adolescents.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF Or Word) And the test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
To educate CCM® board certified case managers about
Adolescents and Addiction
At the close of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify the major types of substance use disorders in adolescents.
- Describe factors that may contribute to the incidence of a substance use disorder.
- Describe the impact of substance use on adolescent sleep patterns.
- List treatment options for an adolescent substance use disorder.
- Types Of Substance Use Disorders
- Contributing Factors To A Substance Use Disorder
- Signs And Symptoms Of A Substance Use Disorder
- Co-occurring Mental Illness And Addiction
- Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- DSM-5 Criteria In The Diagnosis Of A Substance Use Disorder